Search the forum,

Discuss Adding a Salus RT500RF Room Thermostat to Ariston EuroCombi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BigManCheese

Hi, (newbie DIY'er here)
In an attempt to make my new home a little more effecient I have bought a room thermostat (the same one I had in my previous house).

The Salus RT500-RF instructions show 3 cable connections for a 230V switch L, N and SL (I assume switched live)...

The instructions for my Ariston EuroCombi Boiler (MFFICE SX20 or other) show a jumper wire 'loop' to be removed and replaced with the thermostat connections in serial with the inbuilt timer module. I have found my way round the connections, the loop, set the inbuilt timer to constant etc... but my attempt at connecting 3 not 2 cables didn't work.:confused:

I put a multimeter across the Red and the Black connections.. when the inbuilt timer was switched from off to constant it went from 0-230V... so I'm not sure I'm getting the constant power supply for the Salus it requires.

Any help, advice or suggestions welcome.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Adding a Salus RT500RF Room Thermostat to Ariston EuroCombi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock