Search the forum,

Discuss Add 4” to man hole underground drainage in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello plumbers forum,

would really appreciate some advice on this before consulting my plumbing books.

firstly, the picture of the manhole: can I add another 4” connection to this, by drilling out the brick and concrete, what is the fitting called that I can use to attach to this ? And to make it water tight, would I cement around ?

secondly, the second picture is the route of the soil stack, it will go horizontally from the man hole, half way through the house, then vertically up for a first floor en-suite toilet & basin,

the tee before the entrance to the property is my plan to pipe up vertically on the external wall of property for the air vent to atmosphere, any comments on this ?
Also should I add another air vent on first floor of the property in the en-suite

Your advise will be much appreciated

Attachments

• A93D314A-7227-423A-A16D-2C684A3E664B.jpeg
    A93D314A-7227-423A-A16D-2C684A3E664B.jpeg
    275.3 KB · Views: 26
  • BB2E4A9A-B37F-4A50-8AA6-AB768F36788C.jpeg
    BB2E4A9A-B37F-4A50-8AA6-AB768F36788C.jpeg
    201.3 KB · Views: 26
That flue need shortening and probably a plume kit to stop it annoying the neighbours. There should be no white on show

Hello plumbers forum,

would really appreciate some advice on this before consulting my plumbing books.

firstly, the picture of the manhole: can I add another 4” connection to this, by drilling out the brick and concrete, what is the fitting called that I can use to attach to this ? And to make it water tight, would I cement around ?

secondly, the second picture is the route of the soil stack, it will go horizontally from the man hole, half way through the house, then vertically up for a first floor en-suite toilet & basin,

the tee before the entrance to the property is my plan to pipe up vertically on the external wall of property for the air vent to atmosphere, any comments on this ?
Also should I add another air vent on first floor of the property in the en-suite

Your advise will be much appreciated

I have decided the best way will be to drill in to the manhole on the dry section.

I have decided the best way will be to drill in to the manhole on the dry section.
I think that's technically wrong as solids will tend to stick on impact when they plop onto the benching. I have seen what you are suggesting done with a rainwater-only discharge into a combined chamber however, and it didn't appear to be causing any harm.

Reply to Add 4” to man hole underground drainage in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock