Search the forum,

Discuss Actavo vs Amey in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gas safety guy

Hi guysi have been offered a smart meter job with Actavo. I have also interviewed with AMEY and was just wondering if you had to choose between the 2 which would you choose? Has anyone heard anything from anyone working for either company? Thanks in advance.

Packages very similar or I wouldn't be asking the question!

Both local? Same holiday? Same benefits? It's swapping meters I doubt there'll be a lot of difference in how they work.

Yes both local with similar holidays/benefits. Was thinking more from a mid-long term prospects point of view and also what they are like to work for.

Yes both local with similar holidays/benefits. Was thinking more from a mid-long term prospects point of view and also what they are like to work for.

anyone offering further training ......in my limited experience if you don't ask you don't get.....best of luck whoever you chose.......regards Turnpin:smile5:

I haven't heard of Actavo, but have heard of Amey. Although the size/stature of the company is not neccessarily a definitive guide
Good advice from Turnpin regarding upskilling etc
You say you're thinking med/long term, would you be bored rigid after a few months just swapping meters?

Possibly, but this is a BIG change for me, I have retrained after 20 years being self employed (in transport and hospitality) so just need to get some hands on experience. I'm hoping to do some Gas safety certs/PAT and Legionella in the evenings for my own and others properties too just to vary the experience a bit and get used to different boilers etc. I'm finding it hard to get taken on as a gas engineer because I did the intensive 7 month course. I'm thinking if it's really boring after 6 months I could potentially try again with gas companies as I'll at least have a bit of on the tools experience.

Update to this - currently out with Actavo doing dual fuel meters. Bit of a slog at my age and it's hard being 'employed' (better than unemployed though ha ha). Also trying to build up my own clientele doing Gas Safety Certs and PAT tests in the evenings. Long term hoping to make this a full time job and possible employ someone so that we can do installs etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Actavo vs Amey in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a Worcester Greenstar gas boiler circa 2017. There has been a noise coming from the boiler which resembles running water, I have checked the system pressure at 1.5bar and the relief valve but the noise persists unless a hot water tap in the house is opened then it stops for a period of...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am having an on-going battle with my energy supplier trying to get a smart gas meter. I have a Landis &gyr installed which was a replacement for a faulty meter about 3 years ago. The installer at the time told me it was not a Smart meter. The energy company is insisting its a SMETS1 -...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Not exactly a plumbing problem but here goes. I have known for a couple of years there was a water leak somewhere between the water meter, on our property, and the property itself. The water company fitted a new (smart) meter about 4 weeks ago. Now they have contacted us saying we have a leak...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I've been running an UFH installation/ repair business for 7 years now and one of my main frustrations is finding the parts for the UFH. I've got quite good at it over the years being able to recognise the manifold brand and generation by just looking at it but then I have to go through...
Replies
Views
Hello all, my name is Michael and I am 18. I have my level 2 and 3 qualifications in plumbing and I also have a full driving licence I cant find an apprenticeship. I'm based near Tadcaster, North Yorkshire (between Leeds and York). Does anyone know anybody that might want to take me on as an...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock