Search the forum,

Discuss ACL Lifestyle LP522 Controller issue- HW won't activate boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

daveprotools

Hi everyone.

I have a ACL Lifestyle LP522, which I guess is a Drayton from the web searches, and a Marathon 600B :)nono: old) boiler with a Drayton BGMVSP-23 mid position actuator.

When turning the CH on, the actuator flicks to the H position and the boiler fires up as normal.
When turning the CH and HW on, the actuator moves to the mid position and the boiler fires up as it's supposed to.
When turning the HW on on it's own - the boiler does nothing and the actuator doesn't move.

A plumber looked at it real quick and suggested it's the actuator getting stuck in the mid position, so that was replaced but we still can't get the HW on independently of the CH.

I'd like to try and find a solution before crying uncle and bringing in a guy.
I haven't found any forum posts specific to my problem, but there are a few common to my unit which suggests that different sides of the controller can fail to activate parts of the system.

Can anyone give any suggestions? I hope I've give enough info to make this easy!

Cheers in advance.

A mid position valve would normally spring return ( no power) to the hot water position. So it looks like programmer kaput! , cylinder stat or a wiring issue.

best bet would be to get a sparky to come and sort it. And bring a new programmer, just in case.

If the boiler lights when the valve is in mid-position, it should also light when in HW only. This is because the boiler is lit via the cylinder stat in both cases. The problem you have could occur if the programmer has been wrongly configured.

Remove the LP522 from the wall and check the position of the link on the back; it should be in the P position. If it is in the G position, change it to P.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ACL Lifestyle LP522 Controller issue- HW won't activate boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello. I've just replaced our old Potterton EP2 CH controller with a Drayton Wiser HubR (& peripherals). The old backing plate wasn't compatible with the new universal one, but the wiring was pretty close AFAICT (N, L, 1, 3 & 4 connected) .When I first powered it up but didn't have any TRVs...
Replies
Views
Customer complained of hot water tank getting hot when no demand Y plan system couldn't see any issues so I watched it Timer set to CH only, HW off Thermostat turned to on Heating comes on as normal, valve moved to CH position After around 20 minutes the 3 way valve moves to mid point and...
Replies
Views
Hi, would appreciate any thoughts on the below. I have an almost 10yr old Ferroli Modena 32S HE system boiler. (I am aware of their reputation! ) 2 weeks ago HW went lukewarm. When HW was called, the rads came on. The cylinder motorised valve has been replaced today, but it's not fixed the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical, carpentry it's been never ending. The house was built by Barratt Homes in the year 2000, it is a 3 bedroom house called a Palmerston, the CH/HW system is a Y...
Replies
Views
My kitchen radiator is filling with hot water despite my TRV being set to 0. It's blazing at maximum. This goes for the rad when I try two separate TRVs I have tried, which happen to be... Basic programmable Bluetooth one that uses a motorised push-pin. Old basic TRV with settings 0-5. On...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock