Search the forum,

Discuss Accuracy of Radiator Specifications. in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello Plumbers

My client is keen on Flat side designer radiators with no grooves/lines vertically or horizontally.

She has narrowed her choice down to two manufactures:

The STELRAD SOFTLINE PLAN 450X1600MM K2 delivering 7076 BTU

Or the Kartell K-FLAT Type 22 500 X 1600 delivering 9995 BTU.

My dilemma is this, Stelrad have an excellent reputation in the UK and is many plumbers radiator of choice.

The Kartell’s are 50mm higher but that’s not a problem but on paper they are delivering 2919 BTU more!

That is important. The room the rad is for is ‘19th century build on’ has two external walls, is above an unheated storage room and subject to severe weather. It is the coldest room in the property.

The Kartells are a little more expensive but reading their spec sheet they’re tested at 13 bar and I assume heated at 60C.

2 years ago we fitted 2 Designer Hudson-Reed’s on another job. They were made in the PRC and we fitted with Drayton valves, they are completely silent so I don’t have a problem with overseas products.

I would be very grateful if anyone out there has a point of view on the accuracy of manufacturer’s specs or have had issues with either Stelrad or Kartell?

CeeJay

The STELRAD SOFTLINE PLAN 450X1600MM K2 delivering 7076 BTU

Or the Kartell K-FLAT Type 22 500 X 1600 delivering 9995 BTU.
You appear to be comparing the 'deltaT=60' specification for the Kartell with the 'deltaT=50' specification for the Stelrad. The deltaT=50 value for the Kartell seems to be 7809 BTUs, i.e. about 10% larger than the Stelrad as expected because its area is about 10% larger too.

In my experience, manufacturer's specs are invariably accurate. People's reading of them, however, not so much. :)

If the rad does not meet the heat loss I'd def discuss this with customer beforehand. Sometimes the limited space and customs choice is not the right one so I explain it in writing or ask them to supply and I invoice labour only.

Reply to Accuracy of Radiator Specifications. in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock