Search the forum,

Discuss Accounting software in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

plumb_know

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi everyone,

I have been self employed for 2 years now but having 2 young children and now 2 separate business's to run I keep falling behind with the books which leads to a full on couple of days every few months when the receipts stacks get too much to bare. I currently just file everything in order in files and keep a excel sheet on pc, but i have been recommended xero accounting software and also seen sage software. I am wondering if anyone on here uses these or any other accounting software and are they any good and helped you keep on top of your books? I also currently use invoice 2 go for invoicing but with these accounting software they also do invoices so would scrap invoice 2 go.

Advice greatly appreciated

sage is very good and easy to use once you know how

Thanks yes believe both software I mentioned have 30day free trial so will give them a try. Do you know if I would have to have 2 seperate accounts or if I should be able to run both business's through the one account package?

I've always used excel from day one. The reason was it was free, my accountant used it, and it could be used for graphs and charts

I am using excel at the moment but find it time consuming as I understand it accounting software is linked to bank accounts so as payments are made and paid in it automatically forms a spread sheet for you and also links to PayPal for payments through this. Also my account can have a password to gain access at anytime so hopefully will free me up a lot more time and help me stay on top of the books if it works as advertised.

Have used Quickbooks for years, much easier to understand than Sage. Helps me keep on top of VAT etc quite easily. Yes you can have multiple companies as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Accounting software in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Folks, advice needed here... I am a 51 yr old leak detection engineer/plumber 2 years into self employment which i am loving. To get going I bought a 61 plate transit which has been great but is now off the road for a few weeks at least - which now that i am established and making decent...
Replies
Views
Just been to a nightmare of a job! Had to carry out a service on the 2009 British Gas 330 + (GC: 41-019-11) It's a Glow Worm boiler. The boiler was flashing SE even before I arrived, which I assumed the service reminder needed resetting. After completing the service I contact Glow Worm to...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Last year, whilst working for a plumbing firm, we managed our team and office with a web and mobile app. Rather than use anything off the shelf, I built my own system using with an app building software. Think Wix/Wordpress but for apps and a lot more complicated. This worked out a lot...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and just some background on myself. I have 4 years experience as a plumber but haven't worked in the trade in 15 years. I would say my overall knowledge is not great as I did most of the 4 years working on rinse and repeat estates of houses. I was also quite young and...
Replies
Views
J
Hello, hoping someone can advise me. My boiler stopped working - no hot water or central heating. Called out a company who came and assessed the problem as being that the hot water element in the immersion tank needed replacing. (I don't know exactly what it is called as the company has still...
Replies
Views
Johnno1966
J
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock