Search the forum,

Discuss Accidentally Flushed The Cardboard Toilet Roll in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I appreciate this may not be the right forum for this but any advice would be very gratefully appreciated.

My wife has accidentally flushed the cardboard toilet roll down the toilet.

I have reached into the toilet to see if it was stuck however there is no sign of it. I have flushed the toilet 5 times since and there no visible sign of a blockage.

Is this likely to cause issues and I presume the cardboard is unlikely to break down easily?

Do I need to get a plumber out or is there no point unless it starts to block up?

Is there anything else I can do?

Thanks in advance.

Only time will tell bud you may be lucky if the waters flowing away from the pan ok and not backing up it should break down fingers crossed good luck kop

Thanks.

Where is it likely to be stuck? How long is it likely to be if it's going to cause problems?

It would show up within a day or so where it may end up ? Is anyones guess i am afraid i would carry on as normal and if a problem arises contact a local drain company cheers kop .

I've done this.

Once it had been long enough to get soggy and flexible I used a plunger and gave it beans while flushing a few times and it went.

I can't see it though and it's draining as normal.

Thanks both.

If it was stuck in the trap surly it would show signs of backing up?

It's probably long gone by now but since you seem to be an "OMG I must do something NOW!!!" type of guy, fill one or two buckets with water, flush the loo and while it is flushing empty the bucket(s) down as well. Aim to get the pan about 3/4s full.

The tube is usually made out of a longer strip of cardboard and turned into a tube and glued. The glue just falls to bits and the tube of cardboard unravels back into a strip. It's highly unlikely to block anything and should wash away and break up.

A much better scenario than when I dropped my boat level down the 4" pipe into the sewer as I connected a house to the main drain a couple of years ago!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Accidentally Flushed The Cardboard Toilet Roll in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock