Search the forum,

Discuss Access to British Standards in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

HI there.

Just wondering if anyone knows whether it's possible to access British Standard documents through BSOL(British Standard Online) at home? If so how much is membership?

If no, then which libraries offer access to these documents? I'm based in London.

It would litereally be several thousand pounds to access all relevant documents needed for domestic and commercial gas engineers.

thanks in advanced

As far as I know most Libraries offer online access but only within their premises.
Companies I worked for in the past paid for online access through third party organisations.

IHSTI was the last one I had access to through a company.

Gassafe have a scheme I believe.

Just wondering if anyone knows whether it's possible to access British Standard documents through BSOL(British Standard Online) at home? If so how much is membership?

Email BSOL and ask. Contact info here:

If you can narrow down the areas you're interested in you may be able to get a reduced price compared with the 'everything' deal. BSI publications have always been painfully expensive. Fortunately, they are rarely needed for domestic work.

You dont have to be a member of BSI group to buy copies of standards, membership typically gives you around 50% discount so unless you're a large corporate entity with tens or hundreds needing access its a lot cheaper to buy one offs.

I know its an old thread, we used to have a library here, we all put loads of our Dropbox stuff from BS,s to fault finding , huge amounts it was quite extensive, not sure if its still here,

I know its an old thread, we used to have a library here, we all put loads of our Dropbox stuff from BS,s to fault finding , huge amounts it was quite extensive, not sure if its still here,
Probably not because the penalties for violating copyright by publishing material in that manner would be very large if the copyright owners ever learned about it which, as this is an open forum indexed by Google, is fairly likely that that they would.

Reply to Access to British Standards in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock