Discuss Aav in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

townfanjon

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Morning chaps, just a quick question, just up at my sisters and shes having an extension built, internal soil stack that used to vent through the roof, builders starting to roof on monday and has done away with the soil pipe through the roof, he has just put an aav into the top of the branch leading to the toilet, in other words its about 300/400mm of the floor. Am i right in thinking there is a specific height ?

Thanks in advance

Above highest flood level of anything connected to it.
So if was a WC only, then around 450mm, or if a hand basin around 800mm

Last edited:
Sewer should be open vented at end of longest run. If shared sewer with neighbours then BC might be satisfied by their vent. Check with Building Control.

Yep its slowly coming back lol, builders just put it on without much thought, its dormer semi, so i am guessing they have separate connections into the sewer.
Many thanks for your replies chaps

Yeah every 1 in 6 needs to have open vent
And AAV needs to be higher than the highest spill over level
Also needs to have a air supply, vented area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Aav in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
Hi all, Just in process of relocating kitchen & utility to other side of house but have a question re venting requirements. I intend to connect a sink and dishwasher in the kitchen and a sink and washing machine in the utility room to a 50mm waste pipe running within the suspended floor to...
Replies
Views
Joeab88
J
Hello. This is my first ever post asking for help. I had a bathroom renovation done early this year which I did myself. I wanted to have a low level shower tray sitting flush to the ground and was not able to get access to the main vented stack as it's boxed in from the inside of the house and...
Replies
Views
H
Hi all I am just after a bit of advice. I'm buying a new house with a downstairs bathroom. I can not see a vent pipe on the outside of the property or an AAV in the loft. It's a terraced house, so thought maybe it shares the neighbours vent stack? It look like all the waste pipes go down...
Replies
Views
D
Hi there I have an existing soil stack on the side of my house. I have extended the house by building a loft. The loft company ran the waste from the loft over the roof straight into (i.e. closing off) what was the soil pipe - and added an AAV at loft level. However now I am reroofing and...
Replies
Views
Morning all, as always can never find an exact existing thread / discussion where I don't feel like I'm making one too many assumptions. Can I get a quick sense check on the below, always wanting to work 1 step ahead, eventually planning to add an en-suite to my existing loft conversion. Got...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock