Search the forum,

Discuss AAV position on line in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I've installed an AAV on my washing machine drain line, but even with it, it seems to still be gurgling away every time it empties.

PXL_20230327_185813109.jpg

There is a shower and handbasin further down the line too, whose traps are being drained/glugging also. Diagram below of how I think the waste pipe runs. I'd hoped that putting an AAV on the line somewhere would make a difference.

Screenshot_20230328-173530.png

Can anyone see an issue with where it is currently positioned?

Would swapping it so washing machine riser and s trap are at the end of the line (leftmost), and the AAV is on the tee make any difference (see diag below)?

S bend AAV position.png

Any advice appreciated.

You've got the configuration right with the AAV. I had this in a rental I lived in. The falls were not big enough and the pipes had gotten sludged up so they were only about half normal bore, no amount of AAV was going to fix that.

If any of the horizontal is accessible just past the basin tee you could try and cut into it and inspect. Photos of the arrangement as it comes out the wall into the stack would be a good starting point for us

Last edited:
Here's a photo straight on, which will hopefully help illustrate the fall. There is a very slight fall, but it's small.

PXL_20230401_182444643.jpg

From the tee leftwards is my new compression piping, the existing waste rises out of the floor and has a 90deg bend to meet the tee. I have no idea what state the pipe is in under the floor, and won't be able to access it.

When I removed the old piping, I didn't see any obvious blockages or sludge. But perhaps there is something further down the line? So might be worth rodding them or something?

Reply to AAV position on line in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock