Search the forum,

Discuss A small leak from relief valve joint, in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello ,I have a potterton promax boiler which refused to fire up,the problem is a small leak from the flexible joint at the top of the heat exchanger that the manual relief valve fits into.
Once the water was removed the boiler fired up perfectly.
Looking at it from the front of the boiler the short copper pipe which the relief valve is fitted to appears to be fixed by a wire spring clip and a small drip has developed.
Is this a common problem,and is it easy to fix.
It would seem access is the only issue.
Many thanks.

Agree with the above

Or you can contact a local gas safe engy

Fine and thanks,but switching everything off and lifting the front off and shining a torch in to watch for a drip isn't actually difficult ,its two screws.
Fair enough,but if the best advice is contact someone else,what is a forum for lads ?

Fine and thanks,but switching everything off and lifting the front off and shining a torch in to watch for a drip isn't actually difficult ,its two screws.
Fair enough,but if the best advice is contact someone else,what is a forum for lads ?

You need to be gas safe to remove any cover to a gas appliance even if your working on the water side

We try to help but as it's a gas appliance and you need to be qualified to work on / remove the cover, we can't help you sorry

Other than to tell you to get someone qualified to repair your appliance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to A small leak from relief valve joint, in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, all. I have a leak problem behind the washing machine. It's a pipe that is leaking directly into a drain. It used to drip but now is leaking a steady stream without stopping. Seems to be coming from water heater but I cannot tell. It is cold water. When I turn off the main water supply, it...
Replies
Views
Pritesh Patel
P
D
Recently noticed a gas smell coming from my ideal classic RS50 boiler. Cadent have been out and confirmed a small leak and capped off the gas. The question I have though is that the gas smell only appears when the boiler fires up not when the pilot is burning normally. Gas smell continues as...
Replies
Views
Not exactly a plumbing problem but here goes. I have known for a couple of years there was a water leak somewhere between the water meter, on our property, and the property itself. The water company fitted a new (smart) meter about 4 weeks ago. Now they have contacted us saying we have a leak...
Replies
Views
I have tried hard to get similar to the first class satchwqell /Sunvic SML type revolving type valves instead of the quite short lived spring return type valves. I saw an advert from the Hearken company who either make these or buy them in. The only problem they are BSP threads so adaptors are...
Replies
Views
I have just moved into a late 1990s new-build house with a small bore (about 1/2" OD pipes) gas fired boiler central heating system. All the normal radiators get hot but two of the three towel heater/radiators don't get hot and the pipes feeding them are cool to the touch even after the boiler...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock