Search the forum,

Discuss A question related to CO2 FGA failing on minimum rate. in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I am going back to a Worcester Greenstar 30 CDi Classic that's failing a CO2 emissions test on minimum rate only. I do adjust the gas valve but there is zero effect. I haven't mixed up the "min" and "max" adjustment screws.

What could be causing this boiler to fail on minimum only? It's perfect at max rate, heat exchanger is clean (fan pressure test) and everything else is OK.

Last edited:
Have you cleaned the hex ?

That’s the max adjustment eg behind the plastic grey plug

Which did you adjust for high ?

Tbh would clean and fully service the boiler first before making any adjustments

Nothing, I put the adjustment key in to adjust what I thought was the low. 1/4 turn, no change. 1/4x2 more. No change, so turned it back to where it was and started looking at the boiler baffled. Maximum rate was OK. I thought the little 2.5mm screw just above the the adjustment screw on the valve was the minimum rate ffs. I'll do this tomorrow. Lesson learned. READ the manual regardless. The application for air/gas ratio is different on this, it's the first time I've encountered this.

Centre behind the Allen bolt is low it’s touchy so 1/16 at a time and let it settle over a few mins for adjust it another 16th

Centre behind the Allen bolt is low it’s touchy so 1/16 at a time and let it settle over a few mins for adjust it another 16th
sorted , perfect readings. Yes, the 1/16th turns is actually still crazy heavy on the adjustment believe it or not!!! But when you adjust the max you have to adjust the min and likewise. It was just very sensitive to the adjustments. That's the first air/gas ratio I've had to call the manufacturer.

Reply to A question related to CO2 FGA failing on minimum rate. in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock