Search the forum,

Discuss A new grundfos alpha 2 15 / 60 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bear

Hi guys

any one know if you can run this pump horizontaly .............. I currently have an old selectric 15 / 60 working this way on the c/h been like it seven years or longer....... no probs....... just thinking of replacing pump with new one Alpha 2 and will be easy if it will work this way........

what do ya think ?????

any one know if you can run this pump horizontally
Do you mean with the pipes horizontal? If so: yes, you can. But you have to make sure that the pump shaft is horizontal, i.e it is not lower at the front. The Installation Instructions explain this with diagrams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to A new grundfos alpha 2 15 / 60 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have just had my 15year old Grundfos UPS 15 50 replaced with an Alpha 1 and the Alpha 1 seems quite a bit noisier than the the old one, I have a new UPS3 sitting in a box and I am thinking of changing the Alpha 1 for the UPS3 if I understand it correctly, Alpha1 v UPS3 1. Alpha 1 is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I note that the Grundfos Alpha 2 requires a special plug to connect the electric wiring. Are those plugs reusable if rewiring is needed? It's an expensive plug, costing as much as a used Alpha pump. Suppliers of refurbished pumps don't supply a plug. Fine if it is a Grundfos like for...
Replies
Views
Hi we have a Alpha 2 15-60-130 central heating pump fitted. We need a bit more heat from 12 rads. I’m confused about the settings as the Auto Adapt was pulling 14w which is not enough. I have now set the right side led to position 4 and it pulls 25w. Does anyone know what the pump should run at...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The existing pump flows downwards. The manual for the proposed replacement recommends that it should pump upwards. This would involve rearranging the flow &...
Replies
Views
I'm trying to set up a Honeywell DU145 ABV with an ALPHA 15-60 130 (Model number 59526443) and work out the speed setting. The pump has one variable dial (no C1/2/3 ect). Grundfos support have no info on the pump as its from circa 2001, so unable to help. Its running 5 rads in a small 2 bed...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock