Search the forum,

Discuss A new grundfos alpha 2 15 / 60 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bear

Hi Guy's

I currently have a grundfos 15 / 60 selectric central heating pump that is laid flat to the floor , so workng horizontaly and on the c/h return ........ now, as it is working fine and has been for seven years ( and longer ) do you know if the new grundfos pumps ( Alpha 2) are able to work this way as well............. I am waiting for a responce from grundfos but thought I would also get the view of installers........

The only stipulation for most pumps (including Alpha series) is for the motor to be sited so that the axis of rotation is horizontal. The pump itself can be situated horizontally or vertically, so long as the motor is horizontal.

The only stipulation for most pumps (including Alpha series) is for the motor to be sited so that the axis of rotation is horizontal. The pump itself can be situated horizontally or vertically, so long as the motor is horizontal.

Cheers for that,............... just checking........... motor horizontal...... means laid to one side ?
not pointing upwards? only the existing pump face's upwards........

Yeh horizontal is fine .Like whpes said. But if going horizontal then the body must be slightly tilted (10-20 degrees on the vertical ) fir ease of airing a and water flow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to A new grundfos alpha 2 15 / 60 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock