Search the forum,

Discuss A leaky immersion tank in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

H

huggy_bizzle

I have a gas boiler in the kitchen which heats the water to the upstairs immersion heater/tank. Last night, my girlfriend and I had a bath each, which in turn took up all the hot water from the tank and during the night, it started leaking (while in bed, I heard droplets of water, that seeped through the upstairs floor and onto the floor downstairs. I have the boiler set to heat up at about 3:30 in the morning for 1 hour and then again at about 5:30 in the evening for a further hour, which usually gives us enough hot water for the day. To stop the dripping water I turned on the immersion tank and set the boiler to heat up for an hour (this was at about midnight). It took about 45 minutes but the leaking slowed to a halt, does anybody have any idea why this has happened?

Reply to A leaky immersion tank in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Solved
Hi, I am looking for a bit of advice. Our Gledhill hot water tank was installed incorrectly 18 months ago and has been sending bubbling hot water to our plastic header tank in the loft every time we turned the heating on. We first noticed an issue with a leak in our bedroom ceiling which we...
Replies
Views
B
Issue with boiler short cycling in system with hot water tank. We have an ideal heating logic heat2 h15 boiler which feeds a hot water tank upstairs in the house. We have an issue where if the boiler isn’t set to 80c then the boiler will short cycle, the hot water tank thermostat is set at...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have a problem with my hot water header tank getting warm water into it from the bottom of the header tank (not the hooked overflow/expansion pipe. Hence the header tank then reaches the overflow level and the overflow trickles out. I have changed the ball valve washers thinking it was...
Replies
Views
Hi, We moved into a new property yesterday and are a little baffled by the heating/water tank situation. The previous owners unhelpfully left any kind of instructions/manual and therefore trying to figure out ourselves. We have what looks like a boiler/water tank system (coming from a standard...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, I'm moving to a megaflow from a regular immersion heater set up. The house has several showers and at the moment they are fed by gravity feeds from the immersion (hot water) and a top floor tank (cold water). All the showers are powered by (pressure drop) pumps which are fed by...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock