Search the forum,

Discuss 70mm cast iron waste (water) pipe in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All
Hope your all doing good :)

I'm moving our kitchen about, so change all plumbing/electrics, everthing. It's all going well except for one plumbing point.
The sink was originally connected under floorboards (badly) to a 68/70mm caste iron pipe, but since sink location has changed I'm now connected else where, direct to the stack, problem is this old remaining 68/70mm caste iron pipe!

I want to seal it up permamantly but cant find products for this size, everything is 110mm, 40mm etc.
I protrudes up from the ground about 20cm, so how to seal this thing off? ensuring no smells or something worse can come out of it?

Thanks all
John

The proper way to do it in line with the building regulations would be to cap the branch where it meets the next bit of pipe to prevent rats potentially nesting in it and then (if you like) remove the pipe altogether.

If you're after a temporary fix that isn't a total bodge, the best bet may be a Fernco EPDM rubber flexible endcap. The type with a Jubilee clip.

Hey Ric*
Thanks for the follow up...
The stack on the left of my house f when going underground you can start to see it bend away to the right of the house, I'm sure this little 68/70mm pipe leads into it, but this is somewhere underground. No way DIY could get to that branching point. the wife would litereally murder me, I'd end up under the floor permamantly too!

But, based on your point about "Fernco EPDM rubber flexible endcap". Although these guys dont have the size I need, it did lead me onto this -

If it wasn't for the description I would not have been able to google for this similair alternative, so tx again. You saved me.
Don't ask how much I just paid for delivery!! But the wife is watching so I need to get a move on! ;)

Reply to 70mm cast iron waste (water) pipe in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Helping a friend, his soil stack is cast iron. The bath and basin wastes (all removed now) went into individual entries on the stack. These are iron pipes, with what looks like a female internal thread into which there is some sort of metal reducer with what is maybe a compression fitting...
Replies
Views
Think I know the answer is no but asking just in case. I have a solvent weld bathroom waste with lots of connectors in it that disappears into the wall with a right angle connector. There is no place to break into it to connect up a new arrangement for a new sink. So does anyone make a...
Replies
Views
I need to connect 68mm plastic pipe to 68mm cast iron pipe and the water will be running plastic to cast iron. The couplers I've come across seem to be suitable if the water was running from the cast iron pipe first to the plastic pipe. Coud someone please send me a link for a suitable coupler...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We've got a toilet that's been leaking due to a faulty seal with the pan connector. We've had a plumber in to replace the pan connector, but it hasn't done anything to fix the leak (and has cost us over £200). The plumber has told us that it can't be fixed due to the height of the old...
Replies
Views
60's ranch, with single bathroom. Tile over concrete slab. Toilet is about a foot from exterior brick wall. Vent pipe is in interior wall behind toilet. There's a concrete patio outside the bathroom, that extends about 10 feet from the wall. I'm considering adding an ADU in the back yard, and it...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock