Search the forum,

Discuss 6mm Hardibacker over skimmed dot n dab in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Existing bathroom has skimmed plasterboard dot and dabbed to block wall. The chosen tiles are over the safe load limit so thought about screwing 6mm hardibacker to the walls first then tiling onto this, anyone done this, see any problems with this or got an alternative etc ?
I thank yarr in advance....

All done to the amount and quality of the dabs , we have all tried to remove them and know what a PIA they are .If the size of the bathroom will stand it you could batton the walls with some “ slaters lats “ and screw the boards to the lats .

To tight to fit batten and boards unfortunately. My logic was that you can hang a 2000 x 600 double rad on a dot n dab wall so surly, if screwed correctly, it should withstand upto the weight limit stated by backer board?
Obviously I'm not thinking I know the answer already, just stating my reason but will obviously listen to anyone who has or new about this

I've seen the info they have and those vids but it doesn't state about skimmed plaster board that is still dot and dabbled to the wall, whether i can screw hardibacker on the face of this... 🤔

glue and screw as in vid just use longer screws

Reply to 6mm Hardibacker over skimmed dot n dab in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock