Search the forum,

Discuss 6mm Hardibacker over skimmed dot n dab in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Existing bathroom has skimmed plasterboard dot and dabbed to block wall. The chosen tiles are over the safe load limit so thought about screwing 6mm hardibacker to the walls first then tiling onto this, anyone done this, see any problems with this or got an alternative etc ?
I thank yarr in advance....

I've seen the info they have and those vids but it doesn't state about skimmed plaster board that is still dot and dabbled to the wall, whether i can screw hardibacker on the face of this... 🤔

All done to the amount and quality of the dabs , we have all tried to remove them and know what a PIA they are .If the size of the bathroom will stand it you could batton the walls with some “ slaters lats “ and screw the boards to the lats .

To tight to fit batten and boards unfortunately. My logic was that you can hang a 2000 x 600 double rad on a dot n dab wall so surly, if screwed correctly, it should withstand upto the weight limit stated by backer board?
Obviously I'm not thinking I know the answer already, just stating my reason but will obviously listen to anyone who has or new about this

I've seen the info they have and those vids but it doesn't state about skimmed plaster board that is still dot and dabbled to the wall, whether i can screw hardibacker on the face of this... 🤔

glue and screw as in vid just use longer screws

Reply to 6mm Hardibacker over skimmed dot n dab in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock