Search the forum,

Discuss 68mm plastic pipe connecting to 68mm cast iron pipe in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I need to connect 68mm plastic pipe to 68mm cast iron pipe and the water will be running plastic to cast iron. The couplers I've come across seem to be suitable if the water was running from the cast iron pipe first to the plastic pipe. Coud someone please send me a link for a suitable coupler for this job? Tia

If you are running, as I suspect, a rainwater plastic pipe into a C.I. pipe and thus the pipe content is not pressurised, then you can just push the plastic into the socket. Run some sealant round it if you like.

If the C.I. pipe has had the socket cut off, something like the Saint Gobain Classical cast iron range "socket loose" A586 in nominal 65mm size has a 72mm internal bore (on the socket) which would allow your 68mm plastic pipe to fit well. Note that this part can be purchased pre-painted or primer only (if buying primer only, I strongly recommend you apply red oxide primer anyway before you paint it) and with or without fixing ears.

You can probably get a rubber coupling with Jubilee clips, but that will look like a bodge. I think the above will look far better.

Reply to 68mm plastic pipe connecting to 68mm cast iron pipe in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock