Search the forum,

Discuss 65 or 90 degree fire valve for Rhino Boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking to fit an external fire valve to an older style 'Rhino' boiler (re-badged Firebird??) Bog standard cast iron, balance flue conventional boiler. I was wondering if a 65 deg fire valve might be prone to nuisance tripping on an older design like this and if so, might it be a better bet to go for a 90 deg jobbie. Any thoughts?

Depends really on how well insulated the boiler shell is.
If you had plenty of time, you could put a thermometer inside the boiler house and take the temperature when the boiler has been running long enough.
Or if it looks highly likely to be too much heat, use the 90 degree firevalve.
Think regs ask for valve to be a metre or more away from boiler house, so you need right length of capillary.
Where you put the sensor is likely to make a difference.

Depends really on how well insulated the boiler shell is.
If you had plenty of time, you could put a thermometer inside the boiler house and take the temperature when the boiler has been running long enough.
Or if it looks highly likely to be too much heat, use the 90 degree firevalve.
Think regs ask for valve to be a metre or more away from boiler house, so you need right length of capillary.
Where you put the sensor is likely to make a difference.

Yes, a thermometer would give a good indication but at this time of year the boiler is just firing for a very few minutes at a time so that might not give a true picture of how hot it might get in mid winter going full whack for longer periods.

I dropped an email to Firebird to see if they had a recommendation and their technical dept reckoned it would always be best to fit the 90 degree valve so I think I'll go with that.

Many thanks for your thoughts.

Please ensure you log in using your correct user name. Posts by unregistered accounts tend to get deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 65 or 90 degree fire valve for Rhino Boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock