Search the forum,

Discuss 50mm to 40mm solvent weld pipe connector. in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello all,
I am redoing my bathroom and I want a floor drain in it. I looked online and found the following:

floor drain.

I showed this to the plumber who was doing the bathroom and he said the size of the outlet is not the standard 40mm but it would be fine if we use a 50mm to 40mm adaptor. Based on his advice I bought 3 of those drains. When they arrived I tried to find the adaptor but toolstation and screwfix didn't have any. I tried 3 local plumber merchants and they told me that this was a european adaptor and they only stocked the standard UK sizes.

Does anyone know where to buy the adapter? I am based in Birmingham if you know any local suppliers.

Thanks.

It is a standard size, any merchants will have.
Toolstation have too, do you mean they didn’t have any in stock? - it is definitely available for delivery I just checked?

The first one looks promising.
I tried the second one but it didn't work.
The problem now is where do I get the first one locally.
[automerge]1591171888[/automerge]
I would have gone for the mcalpine waste, it's all I use in wet rooms.
I agree, but mcalpine waste price at my local merchant was £80 each. The one I bought was £15 each. If I can make it work it would be a saving of about £180 (for the three floor wastes).

The first one looks promising.
I tried the second one but it didn't work.
The problem now is where do I get the first one locally.
[automerge]1591171888[/automerge]

I agree, but mcalpine waste price at my local merchant was £80 each. The one I bought was £15 each. If I can make it work it would be a saving of about £180 (for the three floor wastes).

For a wet room waste I would choose reliability over cost every time.

Thanks a lot. Just went there and got 3 connectors. You saved me £180 :)
[automerge]1591185374[/automerge]
For a wet room waste I would choose reliability over cost every time.
True. But the bathroom has a bath tub with its own drainage. The floor drain in this case is just for draining the splash of water that the kids cause when they're having a bath. So it's not going to have a large volume of water going down it.

Reply to 50mm to 40mm solvent weld pipe connector. in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock