Search the forum,

Discuss £5000 for an accumulator tank & pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
I'm doing up our old Victorian terrace - 3storeys... water supply has 1.6bar pressure + 24fpm. Not being able to resolve the lack of flow/ pressure to install a bathroom and shower room on 1st & 2nd floors- I got advice and quote from a reputable plumber (we have used 4/5 times before).

They suggest putting an accumulator tank in ground floor hall, between front door (entry from mains) and the stop tap in the kitchen/pipe running upstairs, and adding a 6-bar pump to the tank . All makes sense - except the quote of £5000. I cannot believe it-
It's for a provess 660 tank & 28mm boost pump model 10.

I have used these guys for a year or so on small issues, but feel this quote is crazy- is it??
Obviously I can't go ahead with that option at such a price - it's more than the shower room ! I feel the suggestion works but materials and labour are out of line at that price?

Thank you for any advice/replies. Pete

What outlets are in the shower room ?

Dab easy sys and tank sounds perfect and a bit cheaper

Thanks for the suggestion. Looks a good alternative- will look into it... appreciate your advice.
What might labour costs be for installing the DAB e.sys tank do you happen to know?

Is the original quote about right for what they were suggesting do you think?

Thanks again.

I have not checked your equipment spec, but in April we installed a 600 litre accumulator and pump ( 5 bar) at a four storey guest house in Woodstock, Oxon. The quote was for £3,500 and the final account £3,840 - the difference being the supply and installation of a condensate pump for an existing boiler. The property has an incoming mains pressure (flowing) of 0.6bar.

My advice would be, ensure that you are signing up to a performance based specification as opposed to an equipment based one. The latter focuses the mind of the installer to deliver pressure and flow rate.

Hope this helps

I have not checked your equipment spec, but in April we installed a 600 litre accumulator and pump ( 5 bar) at a four storey guest house in Woodstock, Oxon. The quote was for £3,500 and the final account £3,840 - the difference being the supply and installation of a condensate pump for an existing boiler. The property has an incoming mains pressure (flowing) of 0.6bar.

My advice would be, ensure that you are signing up to a performance based specification as opposed to an equipment based one. The latter focuses the mind of the installer to deliver pressure and flow rate.

Hope this helps
Thanks Brambles. It's a great help and good piece of advice re.performance vs. equipment- hadn't thought of that. Thanks for your input on costings too, very helpful

First port of call would be a couple more quotes at least.

Easy for people to say that's ok, that's cheap or that's expensive but 1. No location and 2. Nobody else has seen it.

Are you allowed to fit a pump with an accumulator? Technically it is all still attached the mains.

I am not aware of any issues, provided that they are installed correctly. The accumulators and accumulator / booster sets recommended by Megaflow ( for upstream installation) are all WRAS approved.

They are becoming increasingly common in larger rural and four storey properties in North Oxfordshire.

Re the price, too many variables, siting, piping, installing and commissioning
Quote may be expensive it may be cheap. Would need sight of the job

Hope this helps

Hi Brambles, do you work in the west london area by any chance?! We're still looking to find someone to fit a tank for us...!

Reply to £5000 for an accumulator tank & pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock