Search the forum,

Discuss 440CDI highflow Greenstar condensate leak no error boiler works in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi Leak is from condensate pump which seems to work fine when restarting boiler it pumps out. Puddle on floor every morning from condensate leaking no error codes heat and hot water working fine. Have ordered new nozzle for pump to hose.

Hi Leak is from condensate pump which seems to work fine when restarting boiler it pumps out. Puddle on floor every morning from condensate leaking no error codes heat and hot water working fine. Have ordered new nozzle for pump to hose.
A new condensate pump almost 300 squids, anything I need to clean or such, valve coming tomorrow only £1 will fit on pump discharged side to hose.

I have replaced a few failed condensate pumps on the Highflows. They have a float valve that contains a magnet to switch it on once filled. Unfortunately the float valve seal allows water ingress which deteriorates the magnet and therefore doesn't activate the pump when full. The pump will operate on start up as this is a sequence thing before it fires. You may be able to just purchase the float piece but I have never tried as always just swapped the whole unit.

I have replaced a few failed condensate pumps on the Highflows. They have a float valve that contains a magnet to switch it on once filled. Unfortunately the float valve seal allows water ingress which deteriorates the magnet and therefore doesn't activate the pump when full. The pump will operate on start up as this is a sequence thing before it fires. You may be able to just purchase the float piece but I have never tried as always just swapped the whole unit.
Thanks Nick, the nozzle replacement idea came from Bosch as the nozzle is a non-return valve or check valve and thinking is condensate running backwards. I think your suggestion makes more sense as if level gets high pump should start regardless of reason for high level! Maybe I try taking pump out and clean/descale see if float switch can start working again. Do trade people get better price for these pumps, very expensive seems? Thanks again will look for schematic of pump now.

Reply to 440CDI highflow Greenstar condensate leak no error boiler works in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock