Search the forum,

Discuss 4 inch double swept tee in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plumber89

Just wondering if a 4 inch double swept tee is possible to buy, as i remembber at college i was told you werent alowed anything like this as you could get flow going wrong way. in my situation i have one wc with a about 600mm length to stack and another one with a 5 metre run to soil stack, i was wondering if the one with longer run was flushed could water be pushed up the other run?
cheers

Just wondering if a 4 inch double swept tee is possible to buy, as i remembber at college i was told you werent alowed anything like this as you could get flow going wrong way. in my situation i have one wc with a about 600mm length to stack and another one with a 5 metre run to soil stack, i was wondering if the one with longer run was flushed could water be pushed up the other run?
cheers

I think I may have been asleep or nipped out for a KFC that day at college :)

cheers

It depends on the set up. You'll be fine as long as it's not straight runs into the back of each toilet.

Reminds me of a job last year. Some people just bought a house and found that when you flushed the loo, much of it came up into the shower tray. Nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 4 inch double swept tee in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My Mother-in-law was quoted £1,000 by British Gas to do a power flush on her system as her rads aren't performing well. I was wondering, as 4 radiators need to be upgraded to doubles, would this need to be done if they are drained off and replaced? How does one actually know it needs a power...
Replies
Views
Hello. This is my first ever post asking for help. I had a bathroom renovation done early this year which I did myself. I wanted to have a low level shower tray sitting flush to the ground and was not able to get access to the main vented stack as it's boxed in from the inside of the house and...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Have got an old 60/70s PVC soil stack, the Toilet is going into a Hunter branded socket which has an old O-ring design (quite flat with 3 or 4 ribs on it). It's painted in a fetching pink/purple colour in the photo. Tried to revive it with some grease before inserting a short length of...
Replies
Views
I wonder if anyone is able to help with advice on this. We have fitted a new toilet and 6 litre cistern .. it flushes .. but not as efficiently as it should in my view. It usually needs at least 2 flushes to even shift just toilet paper. It hasn’t been used for anything other than that. It’s a...
Replies
Views
Evening All, Looking for some advice. Doing a bathroom refit at the moment where there is an internal cast iron soil stack. Bathroom waste inlet to that soil stack sit quite higher. I am already pushing the height of the bath to high in my opinion (560mm), and I am barely getting any slope...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock