Search the forum,

Discuss 38mm European waste pipe to 40mm UK compression waste fitting in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

What's the best way to ensure a watertight fit connecting a 38mm European / continental waste pipe to a 40mm UK compression waste fitting without using a 38mm to 40mm adaptor prior?
The reason not to use an adaptor is because there's no space.
Note, a 40mm compression fitting on a 38mm pipe will hold however the joint won't be as tight, both mechanically and water pressure. Hopefully there is a way to improve the seal - a specific sealant, tape, compound?
Pipe and fittings are polypropylene.

The adaptor ring takes very little room to fit and what you are asking for is a bodge. Change the waste instead?

Are you joining 38mm directly into a 40mm elbow so no room for this as well?

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/mcalp...VmpntCh1iBQrnEAQYBCABEgLRjvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

It's a 40mm compression coming vertically out the floor solvent welded to the waste pipe below the fixed floor - It's situated at floor level. It connects to a 38mm flexible waste below a shower. The area below the shower base does not provide much room. A 38mm male to 40mm male tight elbow long enough to compression join on both sides would work but the fittings does not exist (I think).

Reply to 38mm European waste pipe to 40mm UK compression waste fitting in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Everyone, Can anyone help? I have been searching but with no luck. I am trying to fit a Duravit shower trap which has a 50mm outside diameter euro pipe size outlet. I need to attach it to a 40mm UK size waste pipe and would prefer to solvent weld it as the pipe will be under a tiled...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm in the process of fitting my freestanding bath. The supplied waste chrome pipe that runs into the floor is an unusual diameter - 38mm (European?). The bath came with a PVC multi-fit coupler to connect this chrome pipe to standard plastic waste pipe but its to long once I get under...
Replies
Views
Hi, the waste pipe under the sink is leaking at the push fit connection. Is there an easy way to seal, or should I replace with a compression fitting? Leak in yellow circle in grey pipe. Thanks
Replies
Views
Does anyone have a preference to use solvent weld or compression fittings for waste pipes?
Replies
Views
Hi all We're having an old belfast sink fitted in our WC/utility room. We'd like to use the existing old waste; and by all accounts it'd be a pig's jacksie to remove even if we wanted to! The threaded section in the photo measures approx. 1.88" / 47.8mm outside diameter and 1.24" / 31.5mm...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock