Search the forum,

Discuss 32mm minimum size for external condensate - rule came in when? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Ric2013

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Hi. Was looking for a house on sale the other day and just wanted something confirmed to me...

Was there ever a time when a condensing boiler could have been legally fitted, and in accordance with MIs, with a 22mm overflow used as an external condensate pipe... and with that condensate pipe discharging to ground (not to a lime filled soakaway 600mm from the wall, but literally onto the ground)? Given the respective radiator and room sizes, I doubt that boiler will ever run in condensing mode, but all the same?

I commented that it wasn't entirely right. I appreciate it's not a big deal in the scheme of things and could be remedied fairly easily, but I'm just interested to know if my opinion is correct that that probably was a semi-cowboy installation I was looking at.

2018 for insulation and 2016 for bigger than overflow recommend exterior

Never always has to be drain or soak

Cheers for that one, Shaun.

Just one more quick question. The balanced flue (condensing gas boiler) has foil tape over a couple of the joints internal to the building. It's been applied very neatly. Should I assume the joints are at fault, or could it be that a gas installer (the fitter, or one inspecting at a later date) has simply applied it as a further layer of protection? I haven't bought the house, but am seriously thinking about making an offer and am trying at this stage to work out what sort of likely condition it is in.

I would want to inspect them joints could be incessant but could be hiding a flue leak

It's one of them places...

Comedy gold was when, since the basement room is below drains level, I flushed the toilet to see if there was a Saniflo and if it was at least roughly working. The Saniflo was working... but the toilet fill valve decided it was fed up with life and wouldn't shut off the water. Estate agent was quite pleased when I offered to get a screwdriver from the van and isolate the fill valve for him.

Reply to 32mm minimum size for external condensate - rule came in when? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock