Search the forum,

Discuss 3 way ball valve L port for drinking water advice in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello,

I have water filtering system (reverse osmosis) installed with 2 outputs which use 1/4 outer diameter plastic pipes and push fit connectors. I have a kitchen tap with a single separate entry for filtered water. I would like to have a ball valve under the sink that would switch between 2 outputs with a single move and direct water to kitchen tap. This lever would be used a few times a day so decided not to go for a plastic ones.
I have been searching online for past week and found "3 way ball valve with L port" to be the best in terms of our functionality needs but couldn't find one that would be stated as safe for drinking water as most 1/4 or 3/8 bsp valves are designed for industrial high pressure equipment.

Below are the questions i hoped that some of you would be able to help me with:
1) What is the best metal for drinking water valves, i saw many chrome plated brass valves but read that it contains some lead? It is only for filtered water and no high pressure so not sure if stainless steel is required but I will go for whatever is the healthiest option.
2) Would 1/4 bsp be the best size for 1/4 outer diameter plastic pipe or could i go for 3/8 or 1/2 bsp? My concern is that it is a filtered drinking water coming from 1/4 OD plastic pipe and going to larger diameter opening in a valve and going back to smaller opening 1/4 OD plastic pipe may create a space where the same water will be circulated and not flush thoroughly. There are adapters for 1/4 OD push fit to male 1/4, 3/8 and 1/2 bsp so connection wise it shouldn't be a problem.
3) Is 3 way ball valve L port the best solution to switch between 2 sources with single move? We just didn't want to install a separate tap with 2 inputs for filtered water in addition to existing kitchen tap at the sink. My plan was adding non return valves before going to 3 way ball valve to prevent water mixing too much.

Thank you in advance

Reply to 3 way ball valve L port for drinking water advice in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock