Search the forum,

Discuss 3 Tee Rule on S Plan Plus in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

Advice needed, this is the pipe layout for a s plan plus system.

Note the 3 tee rule has been broken ( The hot water should be the tee nearest on the return from boiler). In my case because of zoning the hot water return is furthest from the boiler.

On my layout - looking at returns will this be a problem?

Thanks!

Attachments

• 3tee.jpg
    3tee.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 244
No problem .... When zoning the issue with reverse flow is eliminated by the zone valves. If you want double security fit none-return valves on the heating return... not necessary though :)

It will be no problem as long as there is a valve on the cylinder return to enable the system to be balanced with the heating circuits

Depends on the distance to the first rads from the return. It may backheat
Backheat means the heat will spread back the return and pass some heat into the rad(s). It can and does do this regardless of zone valves being fitted. It is surprising how far it can travel.
Do it right and run the cylinder return back to make it the last tee. It will be easy to do and will not cost much but may save a lot (of grief).
Remember to get an autobypass valve in there too.

Personally wouldn't put a gate valve on a heating pipe on a pressurised system

As far as I'm concerned used on nothing more than a cold feed on anything gravity fed.

Changed dozens on pressurised hot and cold, more on heating. The fibre washer on the body goes normally, the price of a lever valve you may as well fit one to start with unless you're getting a specific one from Crane or somewhere?

As far as I'm concerned used on nothing more than a cold feed on anything gravity fed.

Changed dozens on pressurised hot and cold, more on heating. The fibre washer on the body goes normally, the price of a lever valve you may as well fit one to start with unless you're getting a specific one from Crane or somewhere?

I've put hundreds in never had a problem as said there not for turning on and off jus to reduce

i always tee the two htg return pipes together then tee the one pipe into the cyl rtn never had any problems this way.

Depends on the distance to the first rads from the return. It may backheat
Backheat means the heat will spread back the return and pass some heat into the rad(s). It can and does do this regardless of zone valves being fitted. It is surprising how far it can travel.
Do it right and run the cylinder return back to make it the last tee. It will be easy to do and will not cost much but may save a lot (of grief).
Remember to get an autobypass valve in there too.
agree +1 last tee must go to domestics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 3 Tee Rule on S Plan Plus in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock