Search the forum,

Discuss 3 port valve motor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tosh

Hi Guys,
can anyone tell me if all 3 port valves use a universal motor or are they all individual as per each manufacturer?

I have a customer who says they can only get hot water when the central heating is on so am assuming it's just the three port valve (not been to them to investigate yet), and just wondered if I can buy any motor and try replacing that first without having to empty the system to replace the entire valve.

any advice is welcome as I'm still very much a newbie.

Many Thanks

Tosh

Yes, I agree with Bernie you can. You can also buy the "head of the valve".

However, I tried changing the motor for the customer the other day and it didn't work. So eventually had to change the whole thing.

In all fairness, I shouldn't have tried as long as I did to get it going but thats another lesson learnt.

I think the motor is a drayton but they're all inter changeable.

cpc are good for just motors as are rs spares!
generally i change the entire heads just cause of the time factors involved.

good luck
shaun

Yes I would agree with Migo, it is probably quicker to change the whole actuator. And there is less chance of any come back probably.

prob easiest to change whole valve rather than take a chance remember to note where the wires go in the control box

Thanks guys,
I've been to look at the system quickly and can't seem to find a 3 port valve only a two port. It looks like they have a boiler in the garage possibly supplying the CH. and then the HWSC upstairs supplying the hot water to the taps, any advances on what the cause might be if they can only get hot water when the heating is on?

I couldn't find a 3 port valve certainly not one in the airing cupboard anyway.

Many Thanks

Tosh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 3 port valve motor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock