Search the forum,

Discuss 3/8s toilet fill valve in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
If a toilet has a flush valve with a 3/8s thread. Does this mean the hole on the cistern is smaller? I want to fit a 1/2 threaded one in it.

Thanks so I still never did this job is for a. Friend. If I get the 3/8s one so will fit through the hole in the cistern. I would then need to get back to 1/2 as the supply pipe is really tight and tiled in I need to use a 1/2 bent Flexi. They don't do in 3/8s. So I could use a 3/8s to 1/2 bush to take back up to 1/2? Sealed with locktite 55 cord.

Correct or use what the original used etc

Reply to 3/8s toilet fill valve in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have a 1980's toilet and it normaly works by: 1.When flushed the deposit in the bowl is sucked out 2. the bowl fills up again with clean water. This is not happening now, when flushed the water fills the toilet bowl then emptys and refils. What can I do? Is it a profesional plumber callout?
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a troublesome fixed 15mm copper pipe with isolation valve going to my toilet fill valve. It's too tight for a Flexi hose. Can I use a push fit tap connector instead which will give me more flexibility in fitting?
Replies
Views
Hello, I want to change the system fill valve, but I’m struggling to dismantle the existing toilet to access underneath the tank, I’ve added some pictures can anyone advise of the steps? Thanks!
Replies
Views
Hello, I have to replace the flush valve and/or the washer but unfortunately it's inside the vanity unit. The only way is removing the toilet. I turned the screw on the cistern pipe to stop the water. I removed all the silicon around the toilet, now I can easily lift up the Front panel but...
Replies
Views
Toilet continuously flushing/cistern filling. This happens regardless of what else is going on within the house (videos were taken before and after a shower but this happens seemingly randomly and probably happens when no one is home). As a result my water bill has considerably increased but I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock