Search the forum,

Discuss 3/8 screwed copper in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom609

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
This one perhaps ray can answer does anyone know of a solder fitting ie yp or any other manufacturer that fits to 15mm??

Can you now go 3/8 female to 15mm solder/ compression from an existing thread?

or use an expander so you can slip 15mm inside and solder?

or flare it to 15mm flared coupler?

3/8screwed copper is a bigger outside dia than 15mm your thinking or 3/8standard copper which is 12mm

This one perhaps ray can answer does anyone know of a solder fitting ie yp or any other manufacturer that fits to 15mm??

Not in one fitting that I know if you want it soldered. Can do in compression.

You don't make it clear whether you want a male or female end, but the two options I can think of are

15 x 1/4 male iron (what the old timers might call a "3LC") with a 1/4 x 3/8 bush on it.

15 x 1/2 female iron with a 1/2 x 3/8 bush in it.

No ray the outside diameter of screwed copper is 16.5 mm compared to 15mm for regular copper iknow its only 1.5mm but have you tried filing down to get a fitting on someone previous to my visit i guess quite a few yeats back usd a 3/4 x15mm tap connector and solered it in it looked tight and it wasnt that that was leaking ha ha anyway there was 15 mm copper at both ends so added the heavy copper to my:19: scrap bins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 3/8 screwed copper in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock