Search the forum,

Discuss 3/4in Shower Outlet to 1in? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

First of all I'm not a plumber and so I apologise if I explain things incorrectly. If I do just ask me to try and clarify.

Anyway, I've recently bought a new bar shower mixer but ordered the wrong size. It's only a cheap one as I will be moving house soon. It was dispatched from the UK but has China as a return address (on eBay) so returning isn't a viable option.

The outlet on the bar shower measures 3/4in diameter and the shower pipe that needs attaching to it is 1 inch. I ordered the following product thinking it might solve it but it's way too big so I was wondering how the sizing actually works and what size I would actually need.

RS PRO Stainless Steel Hexagon Bush 1in R(T) Male x 3/4in G(P) Female 1.06in | RS Components

Thanks in advance

Mark

3/4 on a shower bar is standard. Show us a pic of what you are trying to attach to. On a side note if you weren’t made aware that product is from China contact eBay and they’ll likely do you a refund.

It's the shower riser pipe that it attaches to. This pipe is 1 inch whereas the outlet is 3/4 inch

upload_2019-1-30_13-23-39.png

And with regards to eBay/sending it back, if I could just find the right size to order from RS then I'm happy to keep it (saves messing about and you get next day delivery too)

Reply to 3/4in Shower Outlet to 1in? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
Ok so, I supplied a shower valve, overhead shower and riser to a customer that was having it installed by a plumber. Hands up I made a mistake when I ordered the valve and supplied a single outlet instead of twin. If the plumber had called me at time of install I could have swapped it for him...
Replies
Views
hi all i got myself in a muddle. a friend of a friend came around at xmas to help me line up two copper pipes for shower bar install. the pipes were too short and no flex so he introduced me to Hep 2.0. he also did a dry fit and measured everything up to the mm. he left me with some patch work...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm currently estimating on installing a new shower pump to feed an existing bath/shower diverter. Hot side: fit flange and spherical valve and Y strainer to old cylinder, reduce to 15 mm and to pump flexi and reconnect existing hot distributing pipe. Repair shelf in AC and fit twin...
Replies
Views
Hello there! I hope your weekend has started well. TL/DR: Should I replace 90-degree bend with a smaller type to increase the fall from the shower tray? I am replacing a bathtub with a 1500 X 800 Sonas shower tray which I will place on 4-inch blocks, probably with some 18mm marine ply on top...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new here, first post. I'll apologise in advance for not knowing or using the correct terminology. I haven't done much DIY plumbing for 30 years since I put in a central heating system to an old cottage. I am planning to put a new shower room/wc/basin into the right hand end of the room...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock