Search the forum,

Discuss 3/4 parallel thread connector leaks in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

baj25

Hi All,
Thanks for the info I've had by lurking on these forums for a while, but now I have a problem I need to ask about. I'm fitting a 3 hole bath filler and taps as in the photo. The horizontal connection on the right is a normal 3/4 tap connector, but the bottom connection on the tap (vertical), and the 2 connections to the filler are 3/4 parallel thread with flat ends. The pipework is 15mm copper, so I've used 15mm compression x 3/4 BSP Fem to connect (as in RH pic). (The bath pic shows a tap connector but ignore that). I've used fibre washer + PTFE to seal, and then fibre washer + hawk white, and I cannot get it water tight after 4 attempts. I need to bottom this pronto to get on with the rest of the job- any suggestions please? TIA, Brian

Attachments

• IMG_4657.jpg
    IMG_4657.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 24
  • ha273.jpg
    ha273.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 13
I might be wrong but i think they are designed for flexis?

They come with a rubber washer inside.

The fibre washer is not pushing against anything , use some flexis.

Thanks. I did wonder about using a rubber washer. The taps came with flexis to connect where the 2 tap connectors are fitted in the photo, but there is no chance of fitting them in the space. I rang the manufacturer to check and was told the vertical (bottom) connection must be the supply, which has this 3/4 parallel thread.

try speedfit female iron to copper good luck:)regards turnpin

Thanks Turnpin. Is the fitting I've used (similar to that in RH picture above) not a female iron to copper adaptor?
Re flexis, the bottom connector on the taps is not a normal tap connector, and the only flexis I've found have tap connector ends- would a normal tap connector flexi work? The flexis that come with the taps don't have tap conector ends, but nobody I know stocks them.
Keep em coming, I'm still not sure how to sort this. Thanks again, Brian

HI the answer to your question is yes it is the same but I have found that they do make a better seal in cases like this. I also tend to use the 1/2" type to connect up to plastic float operated valves as there is less risk of stripping the plastic threads.as for your flexis I am not quite sure what you mean about the ends any chance of a picture good luck:)regards turnpin

are you not ment to join them with a flexi on each side that does a sort of loop the loop between the side body and spout then 22mm to the bottom of the side body?

Tom, there is a flexi provided to do as you say, but it it too short, stiff and bulky to fit in the space- it kinks up as well. It would work if the taps were about 12" from the spout i.e. look rubbish. I'll pick up some 3/4 tap flexis later and try them. Ta, Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 3/4 parallel thread connector leaks in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new thread so what's the best way of connecting the two? Cheers, Peter
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock