Search the forum,

Discuss 2amp boiler fuse inside keeps blowing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Recently bought a house and boiler was working fine. Now wont turn on so opened up and saw the 2amp fuse looked like it had blown. So replaced with another 2amp fuse and it keeps blowing that fuse instantly. Any ideas? Im on the verge of moving into it with my family and we have ran out of money this month with the whole move and its getting cold any help would be great, thanks.

We cannot encourage you to DIY as you'll put yourselves at risk despite your economic position, the fuse could be tripping for a variety of reasons so time to get an engineer in.

The fuse has blown to protect the boiler it could be a number of things causing it , usually when purchasing a property the boiler would of been checked and a safety certificate issued I would go back to the sellers solicitors to get it sorted you would of purchasers the property with s fully working boiler . Regards kop

The fuse has blown to protect the boiler it could be a number of things causing it , usually when purchasing a property the boiler would of been checked and a safety certificate issued I would go back to the sellers solicitors to get it sorted you would of purchasers the property with s fully working boiler . Regards kop
It was working when we first bought it.
[automerge]1571291901[/automerge]
We cannot encourage you to DIY as you'll put yourselves at risk despite your economic position, the fuse could be tripping for a variety of reasons so time to get an engineer in.
I am an electrician i safely isolated it etc just wondered if there was any idea where i could pinpoint it.

There will be something drawing too much power as its on its way to failing if you carry on you will probably blow the board. get a good technical gsr from the company that made the boiler. You may get recourse to the vendor but its as usual 'buyer beware'
do not play with it yourself you will cause more expensive damage. centralheatking

What type of boiler do you have ? Combi, cylinder??

Reply to 2amp boiler fuse inside keeps blowing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock