Search the forum,

Discuss 25mm Gap between the cistern and wall. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all, just had a new wc fitted and there is a 25mm gap between the cistern and the tiled wall, the only thing holding it all in place are the two screws holding the pan down. Is there any thing I can use to fill the gap and support the cistern? Thanks.

Piece of timber cut to fit the gap

If there is no way to move the pan back, then cut a couple of bits of white 32mm waste pipe to fit between the cistern and wall, one for each screw hole, and then screw the cistern back with longer screws. 25mm isn't too bad and once the lid is on will look fine. You may have to fiddle around cutting the pipe to the correct length and angles to get it to fit nicely.

Hi all, just had a new wc fitted and there is a 25mm gap between the cistern and the tiled wall, the only thing holding it all in place are the two screws holding the pan down. Is there any thing I can use to fill the gap and support the cistern? Thanks.

Some cisterns do not have holes in them anymore, they are simply freestanding and firmly fixed to the pan.

Can you not fit a swaneck pan con that should get it back to wall enough to drill the cistern back.

You are assuming things here. ;)

Reply to 25mm Gap between the cistern and wall. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock