Search the forum,

Discuss 24mm male to 1/2" thread - does this exist? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

werdsmyth

Got a client who wants to run a shower off their bath tap...but doesn't want to remove the tap and replace with one that has a tap/shower mixer (because their bath is built into the floor, so only way to get to unscrew/replace the tap would be to rip out the bath).

The tap has a standard 22mm female thread at the end, to fit an aerator should they desire. So I had a great idea to find an adapter that went from 24mm male to 1/2" male, upon which I could then screw on the 1/2" female shower hose. But now I'm starting to think this doesn't exist.

Any ideas?

Got a client who wants to run a shower off their bath tap...but doesn't want to remove the tap and replace with one that has a tap/shower mixer (because their bath is built into the floor, so only way to get to unscrew/replace the tap would be to rip out the bath).

The tap has a standard 22mm female thread at the end, to fit an aerator should they desire. So I had a great idea to find an adapter that went from 24mm male to 1/2" male, upon which I could then screw on the 1/2" female shower hose. But now I'm starting to think this doesn't exist.

Which?

22mm (actually 3/4") male to 1/2" male is easy - you need to buy a 3/4" male to 15mm compression, and then take off the 15mm olive and nut and throw them away. Then file the remaining 1/2 male thread flat to take the washer on the shower hose.

If you have anything that is 24mm, then nothing on sale in the UK plumbing market is going to help you.

How they gonna fill the bath? Through shower hose?

Get a hozelock hose adaptor.

How they gonna fill the bath? Through shower hose?

Get a hozelock hose adaptor.

Yep...that's exactly how it is at the moment. They (want to) fill the bath with the shower and currently have a huge garden rubber seal over the tap, attached to a hozelock adaptor, which then runs a shower hose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 24mm male to 1/2" thread - does this exist? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock