Search the forum,

Discuss 24mm 1/2 drive socket in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, the 15mm pipe work to my shower use compression fitting, the elbow joint which is in the wall and the pipe comes out and in to the shower is lose and water has been leaking in to the clinker wall. is there a deep socket size 24mm that i can use to retighten the compression nut ? as i can’t use a spanner many thanks

Tap spanner / crows foot ?

I’m struggling to visualise how a deep socket would help. 24mm open end spanner?

I’m struggling to visualise how a deep socket would help. 24mm open end spanner?
Hi the nut is in the wall so can’t get a spanner on it, the socket has to be long as there is about 4” of pipe coming out the elbow which goes into the shower cheers

Other lengths and brands available!
You would need to check that the internal bore is actually wide enough for the pipe for its whole length!

If you are trying to tighten the compression nut, but unable to hold the fitting itself because it's buried in the wall, there's a risk of bending the feed pipe and upsetting the other compression joint on the elbow, so a further leak. Can you get to it from the other side of the wall? 🤔

Edit - Ric2013 has the right idea - box spanner - much better! 👍

Last edited:
Hi the nut is in the wall so can’t get a spanner on it, the socket has to be long as there is about 4” of pipe coming out the elbow which goes into the shower cheers

Box spanner may be better? Box Spanners and Wrenches - https://www.primetools.co.uk/product-category/spanners-wrenches/socket-wrenches-and-box-spanners/box-spanners-and-wrenches/

If you are trying to tighten the compression nut, but unable to hold the fitting itself because it's buried in the wall, there's a risk of bending the feed pipe and upsetting the other compression joint on the elbow, so a further leak. Can you get to it from the other side of the wall? 🤔
True!

What if he tried tightening very gently, perhaps with some LSX on the olive, and then, if that doesn't work, assume he'll need to get rid of the compression fitting?

Still can’t see how a socket would be able to work on this, with pipes attached:

Attachments

• 1667421651380.jpeg
    1667421651380.jpeg
    5.3 KB · Views: 2

Reply to 24mm 1/2 drive socket in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock