Search the forum,

Discuss 240v to burner...no igntion in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

At a warmflow bluebird today not firing.I checked there was 240v going into the rdb control which there was
so immediately got a control from the van but no dice same issue.So im getting 240v on my meter but no lockout light .Nothing completely dead.I plugged a mains powered grinder into the socket to test and nothing.
anybody any ideas?

An RDB in constant pre purge is down to four areas. 50-53v AC return on white wire, cell seeing false light, dodgy cell, dodgy cell leads, coil or control box. I suspect cell in this case.

Just read Simong response. If noting at box then suspect a Neutral problem. Needs an electrician if that's the case.

Last edited:
An RDB in constant pre purge is down to four areas. 50-53v AC return on white wire, cell seeing false light, dodgy cell, dodgy cell leads, coil or control box. I suspect cell in this case.

Just read Simong response. If noting at box then suspect a Neutral problem. Needs an electrician if that's the case.

I think I understood it wrong. Never thought of constant pre purge, long day. Thought the burner was dead. But yes if purging then my first port of call would be photo cell.

I think I understood it wrong. Never thought of constant pre purge, long day. Thought the burner was dead. But yes if purging then my first port of call would be photo cell.
No purge so completely dead.I didnt think to put the meter on the neutral.
I appreciate the replys.Any thoughts what i could try before getting a sparky.

With a multimeter check for 230 volts between live and neutral and live and earth. If you have voltage between live and earth and not live and neutral then there is a neutral fault somewhere.

At a warmflow bluebird today not firing.I checked there was 240v going into the rdb control which there was
so immediately got a control from the van but no dice same issue.So im getting 240v on my meter but no lockout light .Nothing completely dead.I plugged a mains powered grinder into the socket to test and nothing.
anybody any ideas?
Careful here, that 230V could be coming from someplace unexpected. You have a tool plugged into the socket and it doesnt work. Fix that first, meter out the phase conductors. Do a hipot test make sure there is no issues. If your not a Part P registered spark, get one in, dont fix it yourself.

Careful here, that 230V could be coming from someplace unexpected. You have a tool plugged into the socket and it doesnt work. Fix that first, meter out the phase conductors. Do a hipot test make sure there is no issues. If your not a Part P registered spark, get one in, dont fix it yourself.
The tool plugged into the socket was to confirm the fault.
240v from socket but burner and grinder not p owering up due to damaged cable underground.

Reply to 240v to burner...no igntion in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi hoping someone can help with this as its beginning to drive me nuts. Boiler generally well serviced and working fine, no problems with DHW. Central heating recently began to occasionally fire up as normal and run until it reached temperature set by flow control thermostat at which point...
Replies
Views
S
Baxi Barcelona, under service contract - in May this year started giving intermittent ‘explosive ignition’ … when it happens gives a seriously loud bang. This boiler had been upgraded to 100HE spec some years ago. Multiple visits and loads of parts … fault just got worse – was also now failing...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
M
Needing some advice regarding a ferolli optima 701 I'm a gas safe engineer, but I've never had this issue and I wanna see if anybody else has possibly had it before I change the board on Monday. So the boiler broke down yesterday, permanent pilot stayed lit, all boiler electrics failed however...
Replies
Views
M
Needing some advice regarding a ferolli optima 701 I'm a gas safe engineer, but I've never had this issue and I wanna see if anybody else has possibly had it before I change the board on Monday. So the boiler broke down yesterday, permanent pilot stayed lit, all boiler electrics failed however...
Replies
Views
Matthew91
M
P
Hi I have a strange fault with my boiler and I can't figure out what is going on... I have a Potterton Suprima 80 HE approx 6 years old and I haven't had any major issue until now. Two days ago it stopped working, the indicator lights were all off. Previously when this boiler had the...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock