Search the forum,

Discuss 240v to burner...no igntion in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

At a warmflow bluebird today not firing.I checked there was 240v going into the rdb control which there was
so immediately got a control from the van but no dice same issue.So im getting 240v on my meter but no lockout light .Nothing completely dead.I plugged a mains powered grinder into the socket to test and nothing.
anybody any ideas?

An RDB in constant pre purge is down to four areas. 50-53v AC return on white wire, cell seeing false light, dodgy cell, dodgy cell leads, coil or control box. I suspect cell in this case.

Just read Simong response. If noting at box then suspect a Neutral problem. Needs an electrician if that's the case.

Last edited:
An RDB in constant pre purge is down to four areas. 50-53v AC return on white wire, cell seeing false light, dodgy cell, dodgy cell leads, coil or control box. I suspect cell in this case.

Just read Simong response. If noting at box then suspect a Neutral problem. Needs an electrician if that's the case.

I think I understood it wrong. Never thought of constant pre purge, long day. Thought the burner was dead. But yes if purging then my first port of call would be photo cell.

I think I understood it wrong. Never thought of constant pre purge, long day. Thought the burner was dead. But yes if purging then my first port of call would be photo cell.
No purge so completely dead.I didnt think to put the meter on the neutral.
I appreciate the replys.Any thoughts what i could try before getting a sparky.

With a multimeter check for 230 volts between live and neutral and live and earth. If you have voltage between live and earth and not live and neutral then there is a neutral fault somewhere.

At a warmflow bluebird today not firing.I checked there was 240v going into the rdb control which there was
so immediately got a control from the van but no dice same issue.So im getting 240v on my meter but no lockout light .Nothing completely dead.I plugged a mains powered grinder into the socket to test and nothing.
anybody any ideas?
Careful here, that 230V could be coming from someplace unexpected. You have a tool plugged into the socket and it doesnt work. Fix that first, meter out the phase conductors. Do a hipot test make sure there is no issues. If your not a Part P registered spark, get one in, dont fix it yourself.

Careful here, that 230V could be coming from someplace unexpected. You have a tool plugged into the socket and it doesnt work. Fix that first, meter out the phase conductors. Do a hipot test make sure there is no issues. If your not a Part P registered spark, get one in, dont fix it yourself.
The tool plugged into the socket was to confirm the fault.
240v from socket but burner and grinder not p owering up due to damaged cable underground.

Reply to 240v to burner...no igntion in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock