Search the forum,

Discuss 23mm overflow? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Knappers

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Put a boiler in this week and positioned it nicely to use the old condense thats run behind plasterboard but ended up snapping it if at the elbow, no probs I'll cut a neat hole and connect onto the pipe with an elbow.
WTF is 23mm overflow! I can't get anything on it, too tight for mechanical adapter.
I ordered a polypipe pushfit condense elbow thinking it would be rubberised (they're not).
I tried heating and 'swaging' normal 21.5mm.
I can get an adapter but to get it in I'll need to remove some mosaic tiles :-/
Any tricks with this one?
I'm back on Friday to replace the very ropey condense to sink arrangement- I nearly cried 🤣

Heat it up and swage the end as it’s slightly bigger shouldn’t be too hard

Thanks. I can get a straight weld adapter, just need to take a couple of tiles out and open up the wall, I think that's the way its going.
Could use a rubber condense elbow off a baxi but don't like the idea as won't be accessible.

Thanks Scott, that's actually what I got.
Took out a couple of tiles to expose the pipe, cut it and then realised just below was another fitting so I couldn't get it on fully.
Sometimes it just doesn't go your way.
Its on and only time will tell if its on enough 😬

Reply to 23mm overflow? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I have this McAlpine overflow and waste HC2650UK: https://mcalpineplumbing.com/sites/default/files/uploads/installation-instructions/hc2650uk_2.11.2018.pdf The flexi overflow is not long enough. I thought it might be possible to extend it by fitting ordinary pipe and an appropriate...
Replies
Views
Not sure if this is a success or a fail or just a rant but We do have heat and hot water now So all started the evening of Friday the 12th (Nov) I had noticed the water wasn't getting hot nor the heating. We had someone come have a look the next day thinking it was something simple like the...
Replies
Views
Hey guys and girls, Been a while since I posted in here, but I went on and bought the NVQ books and some tools and started doing the plumbing on the kitchens and bathrooms that I fitted, so learning more everyday. Plus the pro plumber I use has been very helpful showing me tricks and techniques...
Replies
Views
After drywall removed: And after removing skirting, insulation, and dabs (Architrave cutter, chisels): Just wanted to post of few points on my first intended project since I've hopefully learned to solder now lead free (Many thanks for the help on that) Project is to rework the loo cold feed...
Replies
Views
This post just for interest/comment so please only read if you have spare time. Following on from previous post soldering the elbow connection in the wall: Loo Cold Feed and Overflow Rework / Soldering Precuations (Part 2) . . . completed the 2nd fix plumbing as follows: Note the felt...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock