Search the forum,

Discuss 22mm x 3/4 flexi tap connectore in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Has anyone else had recent problems with these???
Finished a new bathroom install 2 weeks ago to be called back become the compression joint had shot clean of the copper tube. Differently fitted to 22mm tube. I'd done the compression up so tight I struggled to undo with grips and adjustable??
Made one hell of a mess but luckily the homeowner heard it straight away.
Be great to hear back from you
(New on here but long in the tooth)

sucking eggs and all that 2 scenarios you forgot to put olive on or you tightened so tight that brass olive cut through pipe. possible other option your mistakenly fitted a 3/4 olive that you had. other than that no idea (wasnt on chrome copper was it)

sucking eggs and all that 2 scenarios you forgot to put olive on or you tightened so tight that brass olive cut through pipe. possible other option your mistakenly fitted a 3/4 olive that you had. other than that no idea (wasnt on chrome copper was it)

No definitely fitted the olive and boss universal as per. Stripped out and checked copper tube after the event (not chrome, all sound)
As for your 3/4 olive, I struggle to fit them on 22mm tube lol
Fitted the bath day one and had it under test for the next 2 days. All gravy until Saturday
Mind blowing. She is now giving it I'm not paying routine

It's rare to occur but I have had a brass olive fail to grip onto a copper pipe just after I turned the water on fortunately. On inspecting the olive it turned out to be ridiculously hard, like I couldn't deform/squash it by hand which is normally possible. My employer at the time suggested that meant the olive had not been annealed during manufacture so was too hard to deform onto the pipe.

Maybe that's what happened to yours? If you still have the olive see how hard or soft it is if you can.

Ignore this if it was a copper olive.

It's rare to occur but I have had a brass olive fail to grip onto a copper pipe just after I turned the water on fortunately. On inspecting the olive it turned out to be ridiculously hard, like I couldn't deform/squash it by hand which is normally possible. My employer at the time suggested that meant the olive had not been annealed during manufacture so was too hard to deform onto the pipe.

Maybe that's what happened to yours? If you still have the olive see how hard or soft it is if you can.

Ignore this if it was a copper olive.
No its definitely a brass olive. Cheers for that

Would say 3/4 tube will find the olive is loose on the tube so have to compress it more hence the struggle to undo

Why would a plumber use a flexi on a bath tap.
Because the customer wanted the taps on the length side of the bath against the wall and not the traditional foot /width end of the bath. Make sense??
[automerge]1567450725[/automerge]
Why would a plumber use a flexi on a bath tap.
To be honest chalked I fell you questioning my professional capabilities offensive. You dont know me, my qualifications or my work or this particular job in question.

Last edited:
Not having a go.
I’ve fitted loads of baths with awkward taps. But always piped solid in copper.
Don’t take offence, is only my opinion that they are a diy product.

Not having a go.
I’ve fitted loads of baths with awkward taps. But always piped solid in copper.
Don’t take offence, is only my opinion that they are a diy product.
I agree ridged pipework everytime but unfortunately it wasnt physically possible.
Sorry to be defensive, just a cr@p job for a friend of a friend that I should have said no to.

Reply to 22mm x 3/4 flexi tap connectore in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock