Search the forum,

Discuss 22mm to 28mm boiler in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

hi all Iam installing a new combi oil boiler the old boiler (system boiler) had 28mm feed and flow connections new combi has 22mm Iam ok to connect the 22mm straight into the 28mm pipes

Yep doesn’t it come with female threads eg for a male iron ?

For the same flow rate through 28mm the velocity will be less but that doesn't really cause problems on small domestic systems.
The system will still work fine.

Yea only issue if your 50kw plus heating load

Reply to 22mm to 28mm boiler in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I'm moving over to a sealed system on my EcoTec 38kw boiler. The old flow and return were in 28mm which was there long before the Vailant was installed. I'm running 10 rads with a small UFH circuit and unvented cylinder. Could i get away with replacing the 28mm to 22mm instead on the...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am in the process of renovating a property and have the floorboards up installing cabling etc, however it is the plumbing that I have to question and would like some advice if possible. The issue has been bugging me for ages as the house is my later fathers and I have always wondered...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, i've just moved into a property last month and begun to take note of things that may need attention. One of which is the feed to a 35kw system boiler appears to be in 22mm flexible steel pipe (tractpipe, or teslaflex or w/e). Distance from the meter is only 4m-5m or so, and I assume...
Replies
Views
Hello folks I've moved into a property last month and started to note things that may need looking at. Some of the radiators on the ground floor aren't getting very hot, I've had a few passes of balancing to no avail, In light of the above, I took a look down in the subfloor yesterday to take...
Replies
Views
Hi. I recently had a renovation done. My builder installed a new Combi boiler instead of my system boiler. He connected the pipework to the digital pump. He did not inform us that we would need a new processor because we had changed to a Combi and subsequently a valve blew. Should my builders...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock