Search the forum,

Discuss 22mm Fitting, thread size please ? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello. Could anyone please advise ?
What is the thread of a standard ( as used in UK ) 22mm compression fitting ?
It appears to be 14 tpi but is slightly larger than 3/4 bsp.
Thank you, Pete.

Pipe thread is slightly larger than 22mm compression eg 3/4bsp

so looks like you need a male iron so 22mm-3/4

If you mean the size of the 22mm compression nut thread, it can be any sized thread the manufacturer chooses.
The thread pitch on some may be the same as BSP but the diameter isn't.

Hello. Could anyone please advise ?
What is the thread of a standard ( as used in UK ) 22mm compression fitting ?
It appears to be 14 tpi but is slightly larger than 3/4 bsp.
Thank you, Pete.
It's bigger than 3/4 BSP as there is insufficient wall thickness for 3/4 BSP thread when 22mm is subtracted from the OD of a 3/4"NB pipe. I have some 22mm compression fittings with different threads. Of course it doesn't matter in practice as you have both M and F parts.
It's different with 15mm compression as the wall thickness of 1/2"NB pipe is enough for 1/2 BSP thread, and AFAIK nowadays 15mm compression is always 1/2BSP, at least I've not seen anything different recently. But I have some old ones with finer thread, and maybe some manufacturers still do that, as Jim Goodenough said.

Reply to 22mm Fitting, thread size please ? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock