Search the forum,

Discuss 2 rads. Of 10mm drops in the Australia area at PlumbersForums.net

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
I have a friend who wants a radiator adding to his system in the garage. His proposing teeing off the 10mm pipe drops to the rad. Behind the garage wall in the kitchen. How big will this be heat wise? It's a new build so all piped from a central manifold in 10mm and can't really get to it to repipe. Thanks. The rads are 1000 by 600 in garage and I think kitchen a tad smaller.

Agree no go the only way is to pipe them in series eg flow into one return out of that into the flow of another return out of that into the return pipe will take a tad longer to heat but should heat up

I’ve had no success teeing into 10mm done it twice, both time only one rad at a time works.
never mind what customer says, take it back to mains

Reply to 2 rads. Of 10mm drops in the Australia area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi - I'm a reasonably experienced DIY plumber but just can't work out why the last new rad I've installed is cold - would really appreciate your help please. I've extended an existing 'run' of radiators - the last one on the run ( in downstairs kitchen) is cold. The first rad added is...
Replies
Views
Hi All I'm planning on replacing a couple of rads soon as they are far too small for the size of the room causing the room to take an age to heat up but they are all connected via what I assume is Hep2O nothing is labled on the pipes that route behind the rad just on the flap behind the rad...
Replies
Views
I am told I need to replace my boiler. I am considering a system boiler so I can lose the tank in the loft and feed it direct from the mains water. My rads are fed by 10mm plastic pipe. Is there much of a pressure increase with a system boiler and will the plastic pipe joints (e.g. John Guest...
Replies
Views
I would like to add an additional radiator to our central heating system. We have an attached double garage converted to a man-cave and workshop (with dividing stud partition wall) currently not covered by the central heating. The former is not currently user friendly in winter, and we get by...
Replies
Views
Hi, We're in the process of a kitchen extension - old kitchen was a smaller extension which was demolished and building a new one. Trying to work out what's going on with the heating so we can add two new radiators, bigger one in new kitchen and a smaller one in utility and toilet. We're got a...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock