Search the forum,

Discuss 2 port valve to seperate radiators from ufh zones in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Apologies if something like this already been covered.

We have new underfloor heating and new radiators upstairs.

Problem is the company who fitted the boiler didn't fit a valve to isolate the upstairs radiators, so I fear when we turn on the underfloor heating it will basically heat upstairs as well as the zone asking for the hot water.

So am I right in thinking we need to get a 2 port valve fitted and wired to come on online with the thermostat upstairs?

I've also attached a wiring diagram, could someone point out where the grey and orange wire go to from the ufh valve. Its not clear, looking at it I would say it goes to the c and NO

any help advice much appreciated

Regards Ant

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191212-194049_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    Screenshot_20191212-194049_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 16
I have no experience installing UFH but I do understand them and wiring I'm pretty good at. Yes you would need another 2 port zone valve to upstairs rads, like you say this will be governed by the thermostat and wired in correctly will only bring the boiler and pump on when that is calling for heat. What you cant see from the image is the UFH valve orange and grey link in with other orange and grey from rad 2 port, going back to boiler. Grey to valves and common on boiler is permanent live and orange is a switch live so when the end switch in valve contacts when you have a demand for heat the boiler will come on.
[automerge]1576268401[/automerge]
@ShaunCorbs you're good with UFH can you clarify my response above is correct, also can you tell me why the UFH valve has a 2 amp fuse rather than the 3 or incoming phase. The only thing I can think of is if there was a problem with that valve that fuse will blow first keeping rest of system going?

Last edited:
Correct one two port for the underfloor and one more two port for the heating eg rads or more if you want to zone eg upstairs and down

If you have enough ports on the controller you can wire it into there eg like an actuator head

Or depending on what you have control wise for the underfloor programmable room stats or a timer

You could just buy a single or twin channel programmer etc
[automerge]1576331795[/automerge]
@ShaunCorbs you're good with UFH can you clarify my response above is correct, also can you tell me why the UFH valve has a 2 amp fuse rather than the 3 or incoming phase. The only thing I can think of is if there was a problem with that valve that fuse will blow first keeping rest of system going?

You will find the 2 amp is to protect there equipment/ pcb and I will be the glass fast blow type

Ok. So why a 2 amp for just UFH valve and a 3 for rest of unit? Or is the position of 2 amp on drawing irrelevant. It looks like I said just a 2 amp for that valve

Ok. So why a 2 amp for just UFH valve and a 3 for rest of unit? Or is the position of 2 amp on drawing irrelevant. It looks like I said just a 2 amp for that valve

Just protecting the port valve (ufh port valve )

I’m guessing all there kit takes / can use 3 amps and it’s just what they have left 2 amps etc

Reply to 2 port valve to seperate radiators from ufh zones in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock