Search the forum,

Discuss 2 Port Valve Closed Question in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a honeywell 2 port valve to the emersion tank which is allowing water to pass through on the closed position meaning the water is boiling hot.

A previous plumber left an old port valve in cupboard which I took to bits to see how it works. 😀

I thought the seal must have gone inside but after looking at old one it appears very little can go wrong with the rubber ball.

So could this mean my problem is more likely to do with the springs or motor not giving enough pressure to hold rubber ball against the valve ?

I know easy option is buy complete 2 port valve assembly but I'm quite interested to find out more about these sorts of things.

Any thoughts on this really appreciate

Thank you

The ball can get hard and not seal / a wear spot and can pass best to replace the whole valve

Presuming it is in the right way round, it might be worth taking it out to inspect it prior to buying another.
If you have had 2 there may be a reason they are failing.

I have in the past seen them distorted or coated and that prevents them seating correctly.

Reply to 2 Port Valve Closed Question in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello friends - I really struggle to understand my heating and hot water system I posted my question on Diynot but it ended up being five pages and couldnt get to the bottom of it and I thought worth asking the elders on here for their view - Hot water temp is 40 Degrees - Ideal Mexico 2...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have 3 port value for HW & CH. Loft extension added many years ago so they added a T to go upstairs, only 2 rads up but 11 downstairs covering at leave twice the floor area As per diagram has free flow Up or Down, no way to balance. Works pretty well but last few Rads (in kitchen) are...
Replies
Views
Hay, I'm learning fault finding in CH systems which I'd need help with, please. I've been given a set example: have got hot water but heating. Measuring the resistance around the room thermostat and the motorised valve together gives a lower total resistance than measuring the individual...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. A couple of things. 1 am I better fabricating bends in 14 mm copper for my ch or are 90 degree elbows fine, ref flow, friction ect. 2 my ch boiler, non condensing is playing up, I can get hot water, but when heating is on pipes only get hot for 1st mtre or so? I can hear feel the...
Replies
Views
I have a Vaillant eco plus 837, year installed 2008. It works well. We have one large zone for the house with 13 rads running off it. We also have an UFH zone in the kitchen. Near the boiler I have 2 port valves which control this part of the system. The boiler has been loosing pressure...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock