Search the forum,

Discuss 2 port sunvic diverter valve not activating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a sunvic 2 port diverter valve on a tribune HE hot water tank, it's not activating when hot water needs heating. I've replaced the thermostat, but have to hit the diverter valve a few times to get it to activate. Any idea what may be causing the motor to stick as it is working just needs persuasion with a smack.
Thank you

Attachments

• 15713178743607473112917215787245.jpg
    15713178743607473112917215787245.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
Do you mean that the valve does not open or that the boiler does not fire?

If in doubt change the actuator, rather than the component parts.
I will let tank get cold and then I'll turn on hot water at boiler controls, if it doesn't fire is this because of thermostat not sending the signal? I normally turn on hot water at controls then hit the diverter valve to get it to open. It seems to turn itself off and close again when temperature is achieved juat doesn't activate to start.

Thank you for reply

If the motorised head is still moving when calling for heat and the boiler firing but it is sticking as you describe, it's usually the valve body that is at fault.

If that valve has an easily removable motor head, take it off and see if the valve spindle is easy to turn. It should be possible to easily turn the spindle with just your finger tips. If it's any harder than that or you need to put tools on it to make it move (they only move about a quarter turn if that BTW) then the valve body will need replacing.

If the spindle is sticking and the motor head can't turn it it will burn out the motor soon enough.

Stat was probably fine check the moving parts If you can,
Heads either not making its swich (faulty head)
Body could also be seized so the head cant make its switch faulty body,
I would just replace the whole 2port.
Hope this helps.

Reply to 2 port sunvic diverter valve not activating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock