Search the forum,

Discuss 2 appliance waste flow in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, looking to fit a sink, with a dishwasher located next to it and a washing machine about 1.5m along.

I was thinking of teeing off the one waste pipe and sticking a stand pipe with trap on for both the dishwasher and one for the washing machine. Would this be preferable or should I just use a tee with an angle and just stick in a pipe vertical without a trap, essentially just forcing the water downward towards the drain?

Definitely use a trap.

Either standpipe, or at least one machine could go into an appliance trap spigot on the sink waste (both can if you wish)

Reply to 2 appliance waste flow in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have moved our washing machine into the garage but there isn’t a drain for the waste pipe. The attached image is of the waste pipe with the condensate pipe from the boiler, can I use a tee join and connect the washing machine pipe? The pipe leads outside and is saddled to the main waste pipe.
Replies
Views
Mixture of miss measuring and changing of products to get something to fit the sink has left me with the below issue. Plumbing coming from the sink is not fixed yet, on the pipe on the vertical down was just a scrap being used to see if I could force it, trap off to the right a second sink is...
Replies
Views
I've got an issue with the shower tray not being totally flat. As you can see from the photos, it is about 7mm out at one side. It's leaning towards the waste end though. The shower tray is pushed underneath the tiles. My mate did the tiling and I now realise that we should have put the shower...
Replies
Views
Hello. I am planning to build a small half bath in my garage, next to a washing machine, using old showers plumbing. There was a stand-alone shower in the garage which has been removed. Unfortunately the pipes are only 1.5" on that side of the house since there's no bathroom and the house is...
Replies
Views
Hey All-- New here as this is something I have not had to do on this scale before. I am renovating our laundry room, which currently only has the hookups for the washing machine box, but I want to add a sink as well. So I need some help with running the drain pipe mostly to make sure it is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock