Search the forum,

Discuss 2 and a half inch Esbe 3 way valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kelso1967

Hi guys,

I'm looking for some advice with How these valves work.

i know that they have a horseshoe which turns over the port that is to be closed, but how does it seal that port?

many thanks

close tolerances on the machined faces.

Does this help?

[DLMURL]http://www.esbe.eu/gb/en/~/media/ESBE%20PIM_ESBE%20sync%20BR/Documents/Data%20sheets/GB/Guide%20Rotary_GB_99501362_A_LR.ashx[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, buti was reading up on it and it was talking about cams, that's why I was wondering if the water is blocked from the port by the horse shoe or whether the horse shoe hits a cam closing the port

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 2 and a half inch Esbe 3 way valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I'm going to replace the 3 way vale on my open heating system. Hoping someone can advise. In the picture, to isolate the valve I am going to turn off 1, 2 & 3. However as you can see I can't turn anything off between the valve and the hot water tank. If I use a bung in the header tank, will...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Vailant EcoTec Boiler with a Megaflo. These are controlled by a Honeywell controller. I have one 3 port diverter, where one of the outputs goes to a 2 port diverter prior to the Megaflo (I believe this is some safety feature). I have run into an intermittent problem where some...
Replies
Views
Forgive my ignorance, with this basic question, but I seem to be struggling to both understand, search for, and source, the appropriate washer, o-ring or gland, for this type of tap. Maybe, no one ever replaces this type of washer/component? Background: I discovered a leak in the cupboard from...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am going to a job tomorrow where the customar says they have a 1 inch square valve head (what i would call a fire hydrant valve, maybe theres another name) in a manhole that turns the wrong way ie. Anticlockwise is off and clockwise is on. I'm in the Midlands and customer says some...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have 3 port value for HW & CH. Loft extension added many years ago so they added a T to go upstairs, only 2 rads up but 11 downstairs covering at leave twice the floor area As per diagram has free flow Up or Down, no way to balance. Works pretty well but last few Rads (in kitchen) are...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock