Search the forum,

Discuss 19mm overflow repair ? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a 19mm ABS pipe passing through wall to exit over an outside drain .... routed 'internally in the inner timber frame wall' to provides the condensate drain for boiler.

The piece that stuck out of the wall has broken off leaving pipe flush with brickwork.

If the pipe was outside brickwork I would repair with a standard 19mm solvent weld coupler ... but as the pipe is in the brick, I need an 'internal coupler' to do the repair ..... is there such a thing?

No I don’t believe there is you might be able to find an abs pipe to fit the inter dial tho

Take a brick out and use a sraight coupler. Or chisel around the pipe to make a clearence first, only needs to be 5mm bigger than the pipe and maybe 15mm in depth.

The condensate pipe must be plastic – usually solvent-weld fittings – and at least 22 mm in diameter. Copper or steel pipework cannot be used.
[automerge]1588890254[/automerge]
You shouldn’t really be using overflow pipe on a condensate drain anyway
What pipe are you using?

The condensate pipe must be plastic – usually solvent-weld fittings – and at least 22 mm in diameter. Copper or steel pipework cannot be used.
[automerge]1588890254[/automerge]

What pipe are you using?

Obviously plastic but 32 min now , I dont know any manufacturer that says overflow pipe is ok .

Maybe he has 22mm inside and 32mm outside? I would personally not run outside. Unless there is no choice then as you say 32mm.

Reply to 19mm overflow repair ? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock